Greta likes organization. They both do, actually....but, Greta knows in ADVANCE that she loves organization. David figures it out in hindsight. Once he is 'forced' into a routine, he loves it and recognizes that it makes him happy. Greta recognizes disorganization immediately and tries to fix it.
Either way...."I" recognize this, and know that I am going to have to change drastically in order to make their school experiences positive and successful. I am by nature scattered, with a million 'half-done' tasks and ideas floating around in my head at every given moment. They are teaching me something that I've always known....life is easier with a little planning ahead organization.
This is a picture of Greta's backpack. Completely useless on a daily basis when you are a homeschooler :-), but she 'really' wanted a backpack, so she got one. Each night, she looks at her schedule for the next day, puts all the necessary books and supplies in her backpack, props it against the wall with her schedule (and beloved 'checklist'), and is prepared for the next day. You know....we could learn a lot from this 8 year old, and I do...every day.
No comments:
Post a Comment