

We are halfway through week 2 of school. So far, so good. Our biggest problem so far? ME!! I am having excruciating back pain....it's terrible. It hurts to move, so badly that I actually cry out in pain. Unfortunately, I think camping caused it to get worse. The bed in the camper was agony for me to sleep in last weekend, and by the time we came home, I could barely walk. Getting in and out of the car takes a long time, and is so painful.
Still...I have committed to our 'morning walks' and I have to believe that walking is good for me. I already feel like I have gained a few inches back...and that is such a disgusting feeling. I was starting to feel good when we were running. That feels like a distant memory to me now...still, I have a dream that this will be over and I can get back to regular exercise. Right now, we just go to Purgatory Park in the morning, and I 'shuffle' around the 1.2 mile loop. Just once. I figure it's better than nothing.
But...get this....my extreme back pain, which has caused me, by necessity, to sit in a kitchen chair all day and not move....has been fantastic for school. I am committing to doing my best to stay off the computer during the day. I found that I am just too distracted on the computer to allow it during the school day. Since I can't be on the computer, and I need to be sitting in the kitchen, I am "all theirs" during the school day. When they are working on something and don't need me, I read a book....SERIOUSLY! I READ A BOOK! That feels GREAT to me! I get time to read! And, I don't feel like it is as big of a distraction...and neither do the kids. It's perfect. I am present to answer questions (not doing dishes or laundry), and help them stay on track. They are working hard to do their best. I am proud of all of us! Hmmmm.....I wonder if this was God's plan all along? I have to remember to TRUST. Trust. Trust.
No comments:
Post a Comment