


It seems no matter how I try to 'improve myself', I always end up right back where I started. Sometimes it takes longer than others, but 'major' change doesn't seem to happen. Perhaps this because of how I see myself.
I have always wanted to be a runner. Well, not always....when I joined the Navy I didn't want to be a runner. They made me be a runner, and I found that it was easy, social, enjoyable, and THE MOST EFFECTIVE way for me to keep weight off. So, I jumped in with both feet and it worked.
That was many years ago. I realize now that I am much older, and my 'picture' of myself as a runner varies from "gazelle" to "cow"....neither of which will end up being the truth. My goal....to change the vision to a vision of health and JOY! I am so thankful for my amazing friend....who meets me, runs with me, walks with me, takes breaks with me...whatever. Together, I hope we can meet our goals, and I hope I can change my 'vision' of who I can become as a 'pseudo-runner'!!
No comments:
Post a Comment