Today was an unusual day for me...I don't like to be 'home' all day without leaving. Today was different....my back is aching. It hurts in a way that it has never hurt before...I can barely move and I have been on the verge of tears for days from the pain. I have been continuing my 'usual' daily tasks, wondering if this my new way of life. I've been praying that I don't have some sort of 'back problem'. I've seen people dealing with chronic back pain, and I don't want any part of it. However, after 6 days without improvement....I don't know what else it could be. But, today is different. I have agreed to care for kids all day today. First, a family of 3, next another family of 3....no break in between that I knew of. Well, the first kids played and played. I was somewhat limited in what I could do because of pain, and couldn't be out getting groceries, etc. So, I was stuck at home. I decided to get more prepared for Monday....our first day of school. I thought I was somewhat prepared....I WAS somewhat prepared. But, today as the kids played, I searched the internet for info, prepared the first 5 lessons for history, and the first 2 weeks of science. It felt great to be fresh, to have handouts printed out, and considered our schedule. Is THIS what people who prepare in advance feel like? This is great!! Oh...and a side effect of all of this 'sitting around' and preparing stuff?.....My back pain is significantly better. I think my pain level has gone from about a 9 to a 4!! Unbelievable! I'm considering jumping on the treadmill tomorrow....I know it's probably not the best idea. But, I desperately want to keep exercising. I hope the pain is even less tomorrow, and I can be back to normal. I have been praying for a quick recovery....if this continues, my prayers have been answered with a very big yes :-)
Oh, and preparation? I'm considering giving it a shot more regularly....maybe even weekly! Tomorrow, we're off to camp for a 4 day weekend.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment