Monday, August 24, 2009

Setting a date


One of the advantages/disadvantages of homeschooling is that there is a CHOICE about when to start school in the fall. My preference, of course, would be to wait as long as possible. BUT, I feel the pressure of all that needs to be done. I don't want to be doing school in June if at all possible. This year, the kids seem to understand that, too. They wanted to start early until they realized that their best friends in the neighborhood would still be 'free' and available during the day. It's tough. Even I haven't pushed them since I feel like summer just started, and they are just starting to experience the joy of running back and forth to each otehrs' houses, share lunches 'wherever'. Summer always starts with a different kind of craziness. Not at all the relaxing days I envision during the school year. There is spring soccer, hockey, tennis and golf. Summer vacation happened early this year, which required LOTS of planning (but was really fun!). And so, it feels as though we have all really only had 3-4 weeks of summer. The house is finally coming together, feeling more clean and organized. I am feeling less stressed, and even started reading a book.
But, sooner or later, we need to get back to business. And so, we've set a date. We'll be starting on Monday :-).

No comments:

Post a Comment